Berlin is the capital and the largest city of Germany. It is truly a city that never sleeps, offering endless places to eat, drink and party around the clock. The city attracts international performers, top movie producers and world-renowned artists who offer their wares to cultural-thirsty Berliners.
Berlin is influenced by a seasonal climate. Around one-third of the city's area is composed of forests, parks, gardens, rivers, canals and lakes.
Berlin's combo of glamour and grit is bound to mesmerize anyone keen to explore its vibrant culture, cutting-edge architecture, fabulous food, intense parties and tangible history.
WHAT TO VISIT
During your stay in Berlin do not miss the visit of the following top sights:
- Mitte : Center of Berlin with most important sights with its Central Square Alexanderplatz.
- The Brandenburger Tor, a symbol of division during the Cold War, the landmark Brandenburg Gate now epitomizes German reunification.
- The Reichstag, home of the German parliament by Norman Foster: the 1894 Reichstag is indeed one of Berlin’s most iconic buildings. Excellent view from its Dome.
- Unterden Linden is a boulevard in the central Mitte district of Berlin, the capital of Germany. Running from the City Palace to Brandenburg Gate, it is named after the linden trees that line the grassed pedestrian mall on the median and the two broad carriageways.
- Tiergarten biggest urban park was for hunting in the 16th century for Prussian kings
- The Berlin Television Tower which is known to locals as the Fernsehturm, and is instantly recognizable from the distance, stand outs of the skyline at 368m.
- Berlin Wall: is located between the districts of Wedding and Mitte on Bernauer Straße, consisting of the Memorial to the Victims of the Wall, a Documentation Centre and the Chapel of Reconciliation
- Check Point Charlie: Operated by US army during the cold war on the borders of East and West Berlin.
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island), Berlin's most important treasure trove, spanning 6000 years' worth of art, artefacts, sculpture and architecture from Europe and beyond.
- The Holocaust Memorial :A place of contemplation, a place of remembrance and warning. Close to the Brandenburg Gate in the heart of Berlin you will find the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
- The Gendarmenmarkt is one of the most stunning squares in the city, located close to Friedrichstrate,
- Friedrichstrate Berlin's exclusive shopping street in the central Mitte district.
- The Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom) with its magnificent dome is a remarkable example the of late 19th century architecture.
- Kurfürstendamm is the most expensive address in the capital city and home to the most exclusive brands.
- Charlottenburg Palace the beautiful palace hosts fine collections of china and paintings and is situated in the middle of a picturesque palace garden right next to the river Spree.
- Potsdamer Platz is the main place to be for stars and celebrities, and not only during film festivals. It’s a must for anyone visiting Berlin, because there are restaurants, cinemas, theatres, shopping centres and modern architecture.
- The Filmhaus in the Sony Center. Every February, Potsdamer Platz is at the centre of the Berlinale, the Berlin film festival.
- Zoo Berlin It’s the oldest zoo in Germany – but totally modern. The Zoologischer Garten and the Aquarium are a highlight for all the family.
- Lego Flagship store: Berlin's new 658 square metre LEGO Store pulses with the unique energy of the capital
- Prenzlaur Berg area : Dotted with children’s shops, playgrounds and kid-friendly cafes, Prenzlauer Berg is home to young professionals and well-to-do families.
Berlin is famous for its awesome nightlife: countless bars, pubs and events, combined with one of the best club scenes of the world.
Famous pubs and night clubs: House of wee.kend, Central Club Berlin, Partyhaus vom Nikolaus, KitKatClub, House of Weekend, Mein Haus am See, Schokoladen Rizo Lieblingstag.
Shows and Concerts:
VIVID Grand Show is a declaration of love to life. Featuring more than 100 stunning artists on the world’s biggest theater stage.
Stars in Concert: The Stars in Concert show features musical greats who you can’t see live any more
With the wide range of city tours, hop on/hop off bus tours, guided bike tours and adventure and activities, it’s easy to discover Berlin’s fascinating diversity in your way.
- Hop on Hop off city tour , Spree River boat , Berlin by bike , Discover Berlin by walking tour, Museum Island, Hitler & WWII tour , Berlin Pub Crawl, Food tasting tour.
- Half day tour Potsdam tour with Sanssouci Palace
- One day tour to Dresden
- One day tour to Prague.
Stay 4 nights at 3, 4 and 5 stars hotels in Berlin. You may also combine Berlin with other German cities or with any other European Cities as Amsterdam, Prague or Poland.
Best German cities to visit from Berlin
- Leipzig (Berlin/Leipzig 185 km)
- Dresden (Berlin/Dresden 190 km)
- Hamburg (Berlin/Hamburg 280 km)
- Frankfurt (Berlin/Frankfurt 545 km)
- Cologne (Berlin/Cologne 570 km)
- Munich (Berlin/Munich 585 km)
- Nuremburg (Berlin/Nuremburg 435 km)