About BerlinBerlin is the capital and the largest city of Germany. It is truly a city that never sleeps, offering endless places to eat, drink and party around the clock. The city attracts international performers, top movie producers and world-renowned artists who offer their wares to cultural-thirsty Berliners.
Due to its location in the European Plain, Berlin is influenced by a seasonal climate. Around one-third of the city's area is composed of forests, parks, gardens, rivers, canals and lakes.
Berlin's combo of glamour and grit is bound to mesmerize anyone keen to explore its vibrant culture, cutting-edge architecture, fabulous food, intense parties and tangible history.
What to visitDuring your stay in Berlin do not miss the visit of the following top sights:
- The Brandenburger Tor, a symbol of division during the Cold War, the landmark Brandenburg Gate now epitomizes German reunification.
- The Reichstag, home of the German parliament by Norman Foster: the 1894 Reichstag is indeed one of Berlin’s most iconic buildings.
- The Berlin Television Tower which is known to locals as the Fernsehturm, and is instantly recognizable from the distance, stand outs of the skyline at 368m
- Berlin Wall: is located between the districts of Wedding and Mitte on Bernauer Straße, consisting of the Memorial to the Victims of the Wall, a Documentation Centre and the Chapel of Reconciliation
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island), Berlin's most important treasure trove, spanning 6000 years' worth of art, artefacts, sculpture and architecture from Europe and beyond.
- The Gendarmenmarkt is one of the most stunning squares in the city, located close to Friedrichstraße, Berlin's exclusive shopping street in the central Mitte district.
- The Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom) with its magnificent dome is a remarkable example the of late 19th century architecture.
- Kurfürstendamm is the most expensive address in the capital city and home to the most exclusive brands.
- Charlottenburg Palace the beautiful palace hosts fine collections of china and paintings and is situated in the middle of a picturesque palace garden right next to the river Spree.
- Potsdamer Platz is the main place to be for stars and celebrities, and not only during film festivals.
- Zoo Berlin It’s the oldest zoo in Germany – but totally modern. The Zoologischer Garten and the Aquarium are a highlight for all the family.
- Lego Flagship store: Berlin's new 658 square metre LEGO Store pulses with the unique energy of the capita
Suggested toursBoat Tours and Spree Cruises, Hop ON Hop OFF, Berlin Wall tour, Cold War guided tour, Stars in Concert, Dresden and Potsdam day trips.
Suggested ProgramsStay 3 or 4 nights in Berlin and choose among our big selection of hotels.
You may combine your stay with Prague or Barcelona or Wien or any other European capital.